Home Forums Miscellaneous 10mm Firearms 10mm AR Platform Carbine

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Waterloo KidWaterloo Kid
      Participant

Hi folks,

I put together an AR10mm carbine.

I used a Foxtrot Mike Mega Mass lower (13 0z buffer and 308 carbine spring), a slick side AR upper, a Kaw valley .40/10mm bolt, and a Faxon 16″ 10mm barrel.

The lower uses large pattern Glock Mags and has a last round bolt hold open. The Foxtrot Mike LRBHO is the best one available in my opinion and works fine.

The carbine functioned flawlessly from the first mag of ammo.

I reload and have a load workup that I think will be the one I use for hunting hogs. As will all recipes that people post on the web, use caution and start at least ten percent below what I am using.

180 gr XTP bullet with an OAL of 1.260
      13.3 gr Accurate Arms #9 powder
      Winchester Large Pistol Primers

Measured muzzle velocity with a Magneto Speed chrono – 1508 fps muzzle velocity with muzzle energy of 909 ft lbs. Using the published B.C. of .164 for this bullet, the bullet retains 725 ft/lbs at 50 yds and a velocity of 1211 fps and 586 ft/lbs at 100 yds. I am getting 1.25″ groups at 50 yds. Primers shoe some flattening, but not excessive. Case heads just above the extractor groove are .423.

Say oink oink little piggy.

• This topic was modified 21 hours, 46 minutes ago by Waterloo KidWaterloo Kid.
      • This topic was modified 21 hours, 46 minutes ago by Waterloo KidWaterloo Kid.
      The_ShadowThe_Shadow

Where did you find the 13 oz buffer and which 308 spring?…if you could provide info that would be great

Waterloo KidWaterloo Kid
      Participant

The Foxtrot Mike Mega Mass lower comes with the 13 Oz Buffer and .308 carbine flat wire spring.

The buffer tube is an A5 tube. The A5 tube is approximately 3/4 inch longer than a standard AR 15 carbine tube, and approximately 3/8 inch longer than a .308 carbine tube.

The 13 oz buffer weight is substantially longer than standard AR 15 buffer weights. The longer A5 tube is needed to allow for the extra length of the 13 oz weight.

The 13 oz weight is an FM products item. I don’t believe it is available from any other source.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.