Home Forums 10mm Semi-Auto Handguns RI TAC ULTRA 10MM – ANY GOOD?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      terdogterdog
      Participant

Im supposed to pick up a RIA TAC ULTRA 10mm tomorrow. It seems like a good deal and a double stack would be welcome in my collection.

Ive heard that the mag ( only 1 included with the gun) can be problematic.

Please share your experiences.

KenkKenk
      Participant

Curious how you like it, please let us know

sqlbulletsqlbullet

I have the ROCK ultra HC. Same gun without the full length dust cover I believe. The magazine that came with it was indistinguishable from the Triple K mags I was running in my Para P16-40, 10mm converted. IIRC I put Wolf springs in the mag first thing. I also put in a flat bottom firing pin stop from EGW. My gun ran poorly for the first 400-500 rounds or so, and then smoothed out nicely into a great shooter.

I also took a grinder to the magwell. I intended to just remove it when I ordered the gun, but upon doing so realized that there was metal removed from the frame and not having it installed would leave an unsightly gap between the mag basepad and the frame, as well as a bit of the mainspring housing and frame sticking down at the rear. So I blended it into the frame and then re-parkerized it.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.